Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Small projects

My boyfriend's been out of town, so I've been knitting A LOT, among other things...

In the last week, I've made a hat and wristwarmer set for myself, a cowl for my mom's 50th birthday, and half of a hat for my dad's birthday.

My hat:

I bought the yarn in Wyoming on my second drive across the country.  It's 100% Montana wool.  Unfortunately, I blocked it... and it grew.  So now I need to felt it so it will fit again.

Wristwarmers:


I know, I know it's a terrible picture.  I should really try to take another one... The pattern looks like this:

Mine are nice, and they are warm, but one is slightly larger than the other... I suspect I may have picked up the wrong needles off the coffee table when I cast on for the second one.  Sigh.  That's what you get for knitting and watching West Wing at the same time.  Blocking has not remedied this issue, so I'm going to try to felt them a little when I felt the hat down.

Lastly,  the cowl for my mom's 50th:


It's Teesdale (Welsh!) wool, handspun by hilltopkatie in HPKCHC.  It's awesome that it's from Wales, as my mom's family is very strongly Welsh. :-) I won it for completing my Dr. Who scarf.  It's loooovely stuff.  I think my mom will like it.
I forgot to take a picture of it around my neck before I mailed it to Mom... but it looks almost identical to the pattern picture:



Dad's hat should be finished tomorrow or the next day.  Pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. On the wristwarmers - I have a pair that is like that without the zig-zag to it, and it was very very very suceptible to my mood in terms of gauge. I knit one on vacation, and one during an intense basketball game. I wound up having to knit a third one...and had to wait for another intense basketball game.

    ReplyDelete