A local spinner/dyer posted on Ravelry that there would be an open house for crafts and food in Ann Arbor today. I've been planning on going for a couple days, and yesterday it occurred to me I should ask Oriocookie and tangledskein if they wanted to go, since I know they both live in Michigan and aren't too terribly far away. Orio said she could make it!
So I ended up getting to meet our lovely caretaker.
We both had a lot of fun. We fondled yarn for an hour and then stood around for another hour chatting!
We both also bought some lovely yarn, and I'm going to skein hers for her. Ball winder + swift = best present I've ever gotten.
Also, I took some new pictures of Shipwreck (still not blocked... I think I need lace blocking wires. will ask for them for Christmas).




I had an awesome time.... and on blocking your shawl... I think it looks great without blocking. I think I will ask for a ball winder and swift after my craft room in the basement is finished.
ReplyDeleteSqueeee! Your Shipwreck is absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteAnd in any other context, that statment would be a bit disturbing, no?